I've been brewing beer for a number of years, and finally decided to try a mead. Or actually a couple of meads. I started by getting fifteen pounds of Orange Blossom Honey from Miller's apiary in California. Then I got another fifteen pounds Buckwheat, and three pounds of Snowberry and Star Thistle honey from Miller's apiary near Spokane. The two Millers don't appear to be related.
The Orange Blossom, Snowberry and Star Thistle honey went into the carboy yesterday. I hopefully heated the honey enough (145 degrees for 20 minutes)to zap the wild yeast and beasties without driving off the finer aromas. I didn't bother measuring the original gravity because the fruit is going to throw the numbers off when it is added.